This Bourbon Slow Cooked Pulled Pork is one of my absolute favorite recipes! Tender pork is slow cooked for hours in a smoky rich bourbon sauce that will have your guests singing your praises. This will be your new favorite pulled pork recipe.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links of products that I adore and trust in my kitchen. Thank you for supporting Cooking In Stilettos. This recipe originally appeared on Cooking In Stilettos in October of 2010. The recipe has been updated with new photos and any recipe changes that I have incorporated over the years.
When I made Nigella Lawson’s Bourbon Glazed Ribs way back when, little did I know that I would adore this sauce so much that I would try to jazz it up in the slow-cooker. This will be the ONLY sauce I use for pulled pork for quite some time. The flavor is phenomenal and this Bourbon Slow Cooked Pulled Pork, served with my poblano rice, is a winner of a dinner!
Sidenote: the leftover pork makes a killer sandwich the next day. Just think – the rich tender pulled pork nestled on a brioche or onion roll with a bit of spicy arugula – heaven! The key tip in this recipe is searing the pork before adding it to the slow cooke as it adds so much flavor. Added bonus if you have a slow cooker insert that is stovetop friendly like mine because you have the added touch of those little brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Just a few ingredients and *boom* the slow cooker does all of the work.
For the best pulled pork you have ever tried, you need to make this Bourbon Slow Cooked Pulled Pork. I promise that it will be your new go-to recipe!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Brown the pork and nestle in a bed of onions
Don’t forget the rich bourbon sauce
The pork just shreds so easily
Drenching the pork in the flavorful bourbon sauce
Now tell me you wouldn’t love some of this nestled on a brioche bun
Adapted from Nigella Lawson
This Bourbon Slow Cooked Pulled Pork will be your absolute favorite pulled pork recipe. Tender pork is slow cooked for hours in a rich smoky bourbon sauce and couldn't be easier to make.
40 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 40 Total Time
- 2 pounds of boneless pork roast
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced (I use Vidalia onions)
- 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup of bourbon
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (preferably reduced sodium)
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat a teaspoon of canola oil in a large saute pan or the base of a stovetop safe slow cooker insert.
- Brown the pork on all sides and remove to a plate.
- Scatter the sliced onions along the base of the slow cooker, forming a base for the pork
- Nestle the pork in the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix the dark brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over the pork and onion mixture.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook the pork mixture for 8 hours.
- At the end of 8 hours, remove the pork let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the onions and the sauce to a smooth mixture. If you don’t have an immersion blender, use your blender – it will be just fine.
- Shred the pork and mix some of the sauce with the shredded pork. Serve with extra sauce if you like.
You may also like -
Share the love
Get free updates