This rich Bourbon Soaked Eggnog Cake will be the star of the holiday dessert table – a classic bundt cake is soaked with a bourbon laced eggnog glaze for the ultimate holiday dessert.
Welcome to Day 1 of Christmas Week. This annual event was started in 2012, and is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter!
It wouldn’t be a holiday season without #ChristmasWeek so when Kim announced that she was organizing over 35 bloggers to join in the Christmas fun, I couldn’t resist participating! Plus – here’s where it gets good – there are some HUGE prizes for you. Not only do you get delicious recipe inspiration for your holiday table, but we all chipped in so we can channel our inner Oprah and say “You get a gift card… and YOU get a gift card… and YOU get a gift card.” How awesome is that?
Y’all know I’m a big fan of the boozy bite so I brought a rich and luscious Bourbon Soaked Eggnog Cake to the party kickoff. This cake is moist, rich and drizzled with a bourbon eggnog glaze to take it totally over the top. If you have this on your holiday table, I assure you, people will go nuts for it.
Here’s the secret – it is so easy to make. Seriously – sift a few ingredients, mix a few ingredients, bake, brush with a bit of bourbon, let cool, glaze and then bring it to the soiree. If you want to leave the bourbon out or want to use another spirit of choice – like perhaps rum, Kahlua or even amaretto, who am I to stop you. It will be absolutely delicious.
Now – let’s get to the holiday fun shall we and make this Bourbon Soaked Eggnog Cake!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Sifting the dry ingredients
The Flavor Trifecta – Eggnog, Bourbon and Vanilla
Pouring the batter into the tin
Brushing the cake with a bit more bourbon
Now this, my friends, is a dessert showstopper
Shall I cut you a slice?
Adapted from [MyRecipes.com|http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spiced-eggnog-pound-cake" target="_blank]
This moist rich Bourbon Soaked Eggnog Cake has the flavors of spice and bourbon woven in every bite.
60 minPrep Time
1 hr, 10 Cook Time
2 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups of granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup of eggnog
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of bourbon
- 1/3 cup of bourbon
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of eggnog
- 1 teaspoon of bourbon
- Extra powdered sugar for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick spray or butter the pan generously and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one, until each egg is incorporated into the batter.
- Sift together the cake flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Whisk together the eggnog, vanilla extract and bourbon.
- Starting and ending with the flour mixture, add the flour and eggnog mixture in intervals and mix until everything is just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, tap the pan on the counter twice to eliminate any air bubbles and bake for about 65 - 70 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan.
- Brush the base with about 2 teaspoons of bourbon.
- Let the cake cool for another 15 minutes.
- Unmold the cake onto cake plate and brush with the reserved bourbon.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, eggnog and bourbon.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake.
- Lightly dust the cake with a bit of powdered sugar.
Participants for Christmas Week:
- Cravings of a Lunatic
- Desserts Required
- Poet in the Pantry
- The Redhead Baker
- Pineapple and Coconut
- All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cooking on the Front Burner
- The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Crumb: A Food Blog
- The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Amee’s Savory Dish
- Comfortably Domestic
- Food Done Light
- Farm Fresh Feasts
- Flour On My Face
- Mother Would Know
- Food Lust People Love
- My Catholic Kitchen
- Daily Appetite
- Try Anything Once Culinary
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Savory Experiments
- Cooking In Stilettos
- Food Babbles
- Mind Over Batter
- Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Big Bear’s Wife
- Everyday Southwest
- From Gate to Plate
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Savoring Italy
- Dixie Chik Cooks
- The Tomato Tart
- Aloha Flavor
- CopyKat Recipes
Recipes from Day 1 of Christmas Week! Please visit all our talented participants:
- Pistachio Brittle from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Coconut Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake from Desserts Required
- Peppermint Bark from Poet in the Pantry
- Eggnog Pound Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Quince, Cranberry and Persimmon Crisps from Pineapple and Coconut
- Chocolate Fruit ‘n Nut Bites from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Fancy Chocolate Covered Marshallows from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Marzipan Fruits from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Eggnog Truffles from Crumb: A Food Blog
- Peppermint Fudge from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Gingerbread Cake with Orange Cream Glaze from Comfortably Domestic
- Christmas Sweets and Treats from Food Done Light
- Spiked Hot Cocoa Gift Mix from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Chanukah Olive Oil Cookies from Mother Would Know
- Coconut Pralines from Food Lust People Love
- Blueberry Overnight Sweet Rolls from My Catholic Kitchen
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies from Daily Appetite
- Chocolate Dipped Gingersnaps from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Dark Chocolate Almond Cheesecake Cups from Savory Experiments
- Bourbon Soaked Eggnog Cake from Cooking In Stilettos
- Ginger Snap Cocktail from Food Babbles
- Coquito Cinnamon Roll Bundt from Mind Over Batter
- No-Bake Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Easy White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge from Big Bear’s Wife
- Easy Cream Cheese Cookies from Everyday Southwest
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars from From Gate to Plate
- Molasses Ginger Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Apricot Spice Biscotti from Savoring Italy
- Caramel Bacon Bark from Dixie Chik Cooks
- Gluten Free Chocolate Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies from The Tomato Tart
- Easy Macadamia Cashew Brittle from Aloha Flavor
Note: Christmas Week Amazon Gift Card Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada. Giveaway will run from December 7, 2015 to December 26, 2015. Winners must be 18 years of age. Winners will be notified by email. Winners will be asked a skill testing question.
You May Also Like
Share the love
Get free updates