With the holiday season in full swing, why not think outside of the box and make some lovely hostess gifts instead of buying the typical bottle of wine. Don’t get me wrong – there’s nothing wrong with gifting your favorite hostess with a fabulous bottle of Merlot but why not go that extra mile and give your hosts something that they might never have thought to make for themselves – some rich Kahlúa Truffles.
Making truffles sounds much harder than what it really is. Essentially, it’s melting some dark chocolate with some butter, a touch of confectioner’s sugar, some Kahlúa and a bit of heavy cream. How hard can that be? In all fairness, the hardest part is the waiting for the chocolate to harden but, while you wait, you can whip up a fabulous cocktail to bide the time – like this Iced Kahlúa Café Con Leche which makes me think of one of my favorite cities – Miami.
One tip with the truffles – work fast. Once they are out of the fridge or freezer, it’s game on. Using a fork, dust everything quickly and return it back to it’s cold home to set. The colder the better.
These Kahlúa truffles are the perfect gift to give or receive!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Time to melt the chocolate
Off to the freezer
Super rich and full of chocolate flavor
- 6 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of confectioners sugar
- Unsweetened Cocoa for sifting
- In a double boiler or a glass bowl over simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together.
- When everything is all melted, add the Kahlúa, heavy cream and confectioners sugar (you can add more – I just like my truffles not too sweet).
- Whisk everything together until it is fully combined.
- Place in the fridge for 3 hours or so (or the freezer for an hour)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dust the baking sheet with a bit of cocoa. Also prepare a bowl with 3 tablespoons of cocoa.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out balls of chocolate and add them to the cocoa mixture in the bowl.
- Lightly dust the truffle with a fork, rolling it to make sure that all sides are covered.
- Return to fridge or freezer to let set
- Place in a box for your hostess, or a small bag and give her the recipe with it.
- Enjoy (if there are any leftovers).
On to the cocktail portion:
Gather your ingredients
OK – it’s essentially three steps – Kahlúa and coffee, followed by a bit of half and half (or evaporated milk) and then a couple spoonfuls of sweetened condensed milk.
Now – tell me you don’t want a sip!
Kahlúa Café Con Leche
Recipe courtesy of Kahlúa
- 2 ounces of Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur
- 1 ounce of fresh brewed espresso (or really strong coffee)
- 1 ounce of half and half (or evaporated milk)
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk.
- Fill a large glass with ice.
- Add the Kahlúa, espresso, half and half and evaporated milk.
- Stir to combine and enjoy!
To get inspiration for more great recipes and entertaining ideas with Kahlúa and for a chance to win the ultimate holiday party, please visit www.kahluaholiday.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kahlúa. The opinions and text are all mine.
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates