For a sweet twist on a classic, make Summer Berry Dessert Bruschetta. Toasted buttery brioche is dolloped with a vanilla marscapone cream and topped with sweet summer berries for a chic and easy dessert!
Disclosure: This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! #SummerDessertWeek bloggers have been sent samples by some of the sponsor companies to help with recipe development. As always opinions are 100% mine.
I have a fabulously easy dessert to share with you today that you are going to love – Summer Berry Dessert Bruschetta.
You can’t walk into the market without seeing such amazing sales on fresh summer berries. I’m guilty of often adding a pint (or three) to my cart so finding innovative ways to use up these lovelies are always an adventure. Blueberries and blackberries are my ultimate favorites – something about that sweet tart flavor I can’t resist.
When I’m entertaining, one recipe that is always a success with friends and family is bruschetta. I decided to take it on a sweet turn and give it a bit of a summer twist. You can always change it up to use whatever fruit you have on hand – it would be fabulous with some roasted cherries (or boozy cherries), sweet grilled plums, summer strawberries – you name it.
This dessert is so easy to put together – the only time you heat the oven is essentially to toast the brioche. You could also lightly spray the brioche with some canola oil and throw it on a grill for a smoky twist. The buttery brioche gets golden quick so make sure you keep an eye on it. I love using marscapone for desserts – it’s beyond creamy, but can be a bit rich. I cut some of the richness with some Greek yogurt and added a touch of sugar and vanilla. The berries macerate in the sugar and lemon so no cooking is needed. Just a quick mash with a fork (or in my case, I used my OXO SteeL muddler) and you have the perfect dessert bruschetta topping!
My guests adored these two bite dessert treats and it had just enough sweetness to satisfy a sweet tooth without being too heavy – just perfect for summer. When you are looking for something that is so easy to make in a hot minute, these lovelies will be on your dessert table in no time!
Make these Summer Berry Dessert Bruschetta for your next summer soiree – but make sure to save one (or two) for yourself because they will go quick!
Summer Berry Dessert Bruschetta
Summer Berry Dessert Bruschetta is the perfect sweet ending to any summer soiree. Golden buttery brioche is dolloped with vanilla marscapone cream and sweet summer berries.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 20
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 10 slices of brioche bread
- 2/3 cup of fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup of fresh blackberries, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons of Dixie Crystals granulated sugar, divided
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup of marscapone
- 3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the brioche bread slices in half to make 20 brioche bites.
- Place the brioche slices on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake the slices for 10 – 15 minutes, until golden on each side, turning the slices over halfway through.
- Set some of the fresh blueberries and blackberries aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, place the remaining blueberries and blackberries along with a tablespoon of sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Let the berries macerate for about 15 minutes or so. Roughly mash the berries with a fork or spoon (or in my case, cocktail muddler) and then tumble the remaining whole blueberries and blackberries in the bowl. Fold everything together and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the marscapone, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract and the remaining tablespoon of sugar until everything is mixed through.
- Spread some of the vanilla marscapone on the brioche slices and add some of the sweet macerated berries on top.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
Pies of Summer:
- Key Lime Pie from The Java Cupcake Blog
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Chocolate Coconut Cream Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
No Bake Treats:
- No Bake Peaches and Cream Cheesecake from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Icebox Cake from A Blender Mom
- Blueberry Cornbread from For the Love of Food
- Snickerdoodles from Jen Around the World
- Butter Cookies from Bowl Me Over
- Reese’s Puffs Toffee from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cherry Pie Bars from Southern From Scratch
- Mississippi Mud Cookies from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Cardamom Hand Pies from My Baking Heart
- Summer Berry Dessert Bruschetta from Cooking In Stilettos
- S’mores Crepes from For the Love of Food
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw. The OXO 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set is the perfect partner for all of your baking adventures. The Set includes a Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish, Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish, Glass Loaf Pan, Glass Pie Plate, 1 Cup Round SNAP Container, and 2 Cup Round SNAP Container.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates