These Bacon Chocolate Chunk Blondies with Salted Chocolate Caramel Sauce take the classic blondies recipe and amps it up with crisp salty bacon, crunchy pecans and a layer of salted chocolate caramel sauce for the win!
The syrups, including the luscious Salted Chocolate Caramel Sauce featured in this recipe, were graciously provided by #BaconMonth sponsor Torani. My love for the brand (and my coffee’s craving for their bourbon caramel syrup) is all my own.
We are at the final day of #BaconMonth and I had to end on a sweet note and these Bacon Chocolate Chunk Blondies with Salted Chocolate Caramel Sauce are the perfect ending to a month celebrating the wonders of all things bacon.
I hope you entered the awesome giveaway with our #BaconMonth sponsors Lodge & Torani. Also – have you seen all of the awesome bacon recipes that our crew has brought to the virtual table. Seriously – if you love bacon, you can check out our fearless leader Julie’s epic #BaconMonth post for all of the recipes that have been spotlighted this month.
When Julie told us that one of our sponsors was Torani, my jaw dropped. I love using their syrups in various recipes and cocktails so when she said they were sending us some goodies to play with, I was shocked when I opened the box and found these delicious syrups:
and THIS – this Salted Chocolate Caramel Sauce is EVERYTHING!
One taste of that Salted Chocolate Caramel Sauce and I knew I had to incorporate the sauce into the recipe – it’s like a cross between mocha and caramel – complex notes with just the right amount of sweetness. One of the things I love to make are blondies and, inspired by a riff on the classic Barefoot Contessa blondies that I made before, I marched my stilettos into the kitchen and got to baking.
This recipe is relatively easy – bake the bacon so that it’s flat and crisp – you can use this method for the best baked bacon (just skip the brown sugar and spice portion), dice it up and mix it in the batter along with crunchy pecans, and dark chocolate chunks. Drizzle the Salted Caramel Sauce over the smoothed out batter, smooth that into its own layer and bake – easy peasy. I promise – one bite and people will be going nuts for these. These blondies did not last long at my house at all. I was asked when it was going to be made again so I think it will be one of those game day favorites. Plus – it has bacon – who can resist bacon. Add some caramel and chocolate to the mix and it’s a recipe touchdown!
Make these Bacon Chocolate Chunk Blondies with Salted Chocolate Caramel Sauce and you will easily be named the MVP of hostesses!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Everything ready to be mixed in – the bacon, chocolate chunks and pecans
Smoothing out the batter
Let’s get crazy- let’s add some Salted Chocolate Caramel Sauce
Time to Cool
Now this, my friends, is blondie heaven
Aly M. Cleary | Inspired by Ina Garten
These Bacon Chocolate Chunk Blondies with Salted Chocolate Caramel Sauce take the classic blondies recipe and amps it up with crisp salty bacon, crunchy pecans and a layer of salted chocolate caramel sauce for the win
30 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 8 ounces of dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup of diced crisp bacon (about 5 slices or so)
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup of Torani Salted Chocolate Caramel Sauce
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 pay with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In an electric mixer, on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar together, until everything is incorporated and fluffy (about 5 minutes or so).
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the eggs, one at a time until everything is fully incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix again. Scrape the sides of the bowl down with a spatula.
- In a large bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- Slowly add that to the butter mixture, taking care to not over-mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, diced crisp bacon and chopped pecans.
- Spread the batter into the pan. The batter is going to be thick so it’s best to use an offset spatula to get everything evened out.
- Drizzle the Torani Salted Chocolate Caramel Sauce over the top.
- Using the offset spatula, spread the Salted Chocolate Caramel Sauce evenly across the top of blondie batter so that it forms a thin chocolate caramel layer.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes and test the blondies, with a toothpick, making sure that they are done.
- Cool the blondies completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Slice into squares.
We have some fabulous recipes to share on our last day of #BACONMONTH! Check out these delicious bites and make sure to enter the giveaway!
Bacon Chocolate Chunk Blondies With Salted Chocolate Caramel from Cooking in Stilettos
Bacon & Egg Stuffed Baked Potatoes from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Bell Pepper & Bacon Cheese Ball from Bread Booze Bacon
Spicy Bacon Whiskey Soda from Nomageddon
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Grilled Tomatoes from Hey Grill, Hey
Jalapeno Popper Mac & Cheese from A Dash of Sanity
Chocolate Caramel Bacon Milkshake from Around My Family Table
Bacon Waffle S’mores from A Simple Pantry
Skillet Breakfast Potatoes & Bacon from Kleinworth & Co.
Bacon Fried Apples from It Is A Keeper
Bacon Potato Salad from Forking Up
Maple Bacon Cheesecake from Ashlee Marie
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates