The real truth is that many nutrients and food will help your beard grow. Some will help by impacting your hormone levels, others will help by providing your beard with necessary nutrients. Facial hair growth is almost completely regulated by male hormone (such as testosterone and DHT), and eating specific food that will increase the levels of either of the hormones and increase the utilization of these androgens, is one of the best ways to grow a beard faster and naturally.
Before writing about what foods you need to eat for your beard to grow faster, it is important to know why these nutrients work as they do. To get the proper beard nutrition, your diet should be filled with foods that have all the important beard growth vitamins and minerals. Combined with a good balance of macronutrients (fat, protein, and carbohydrates), it will fuel the growth of your facial hair.
Here is a list of food you should implement into your diet to achieve faster and natural facial hair growth:
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon is full of antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties. Cinnamon is one of the ingredients you could take in for your beard to grow faster. Cinnamon increases the body’s temperature and the temperature increases the circulation of oxygen-rich blood to your hair roots. It will stimulate hair growth and keep your beard thick and nourished. The best way to take in cinnamon is with honey and warm water on an empty stomach.
- Pumpkin seeds – pumpkin seeds that are unsalted and unhusked are rich in zinc. This mineral is a micronutrient that is one of the most important components of hair growth. You will be able to buy pumpkin seeds anywhere and they are not an expensive source of zinc. It is best if you consume them unhusked, dry, and whole, during any time of the day.
- Spinach – Spinach, in any form is good for you. In all its forms, it is a powerful vegetable full of Vitamin A, Folic Acid, Iron, Vitamin C, and Beta Carotene. All of these minerals and vitamins work together to keep the skin, beard, and scalp healthy and moist. You can consume it in any way, but one of the best ways to consume it is as a juice or a part of a smoothie.
- Bell Peppers – Capsaicin, which is the main component of bell peppers is a great healing ingredient, which similarly to cinnamon, increases the circulation to the roots of your beard and keeps it in a good, healthy state. Also, bell peppers are known to be full of phytonutrients and elements that protect our bodies from cancers of different types. It is best if you consume it in a salad or sandwich.
- Peanuts – nuts are a perfect source of niacin, folic acid, and biotin, the elements that are directly responsible for hair fiber production. Peanuts are not expensive and they are a healthy snack in every form. It is best consumed as peanut butter, whole, roasted or boiled.
In addition to eating these foods to help your beard grow, you could also try beard oil that will help you with your beard growth as well. For example, the Viking beard oil will help you with your beard growth, as well as keep your skin moist and smooth. With these kinds of oils, you will not have itchy skin and your beard will look great.
Do not forget that for a good beard, you also need beard accessories. Make sure that you have the necessary equipment for maintaining your beard in perfect shape, so stock up on combs, brushes, waxes, straight cut tools, and trimmers.