Disclosure: I was provided product from some Brand Sponsors for recipe creation in conjunction with #Choctoberfest. My opinions are 100% my own.
To celebrate #Choctoberfest, I am bringing you some of the most rich chocolate cookies that I have ever whisked up and can I say, with a touch of oatmeal in them, they might be *ahem* better for you?
There’s nothing like chocolate cookies to celebrate the weekend. These Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies literally came together in no time and I’m willing to bet you have most of the ingredients already on hand. Some pantry ingredients, a bit of mixing and it was off to the oven. The longest was waiting for the cookies to cool and set up. But, the wait was worth it. These cookies are best chilled or at room temperature and even better with a tall glass of milk.
I played with a chocolate oatmeal cookie recipe from Bon Appetit’s archives and it couldn’t have been easier to make. I love how just a little bit will do as these cookies are a bit rich. Don’t be alarmed when you find that the batter is a bit stiff when mixing. It will flatten a bit as it bakes.
These Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies need to be in your cookie jar. Just make sure to stash some aside for yourself because they will disappear quickly!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Let’s sift everything together
Don’t forget the espresso
Adding the Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
Ready for the oven
Now these, my friends, are the ultimate cookie
Adapted from [Bon Appetit|http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/dark-chocolate-oatmeal-cookies-109497" target="_blank]
These Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are studded with dark chocolate chips and hearty oats. These cookies are a rich chocolate treat!
15 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- 1 stick of butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of instant espresso powder
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup of bittersweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with a silpat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, kosher salt and instant espresso powder.
- To the mixture, add the egg and vanilla. Mix until everything is fully incorporated.
- Mix in the flour mixture, taking care to not overmix.
- Add the old fashioned oats and mix for a minute more.
- Fold in the bittersweet chocolate chips. The batter will be quite stiff - that's okay.
- Using a small cookie scoop, form small dough balls and place on the sheet. Slightly flatten as you go along.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until the cookies are crisp around the edges and a bit soft in the middle.
- Let cool fully on the cookie sheet.
Let’s see what everyone brought to the #Choctoberfest Party:
Disclosure: Many thanks to #Choctoberfest’s sponsor, Imperial Sugar, who provided product to develop this recipe. No compensation was received for this post and, as always, my thoughts and opinions are my own.
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates