This post has been sponsored by Prego®. My opinions are my own.
Ever have one of those days when you are trying to think what to make for dinner, and then your mind draws a blank? I deal with it more often than I care to admit.
With today’s busy schedules, finding something that is ready in a flash with minimum effort is a must. For those nights when you’re craving a bit of comfort, this Easy No-Boil Baked Tortellini comes to the rescue.
Some of my must-have staples include refrigerated tortellini, various cheeses including ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan, fresh thyme, and, of course, Prego Sauces. So, one evening when I came home late from the 9 to 9 and did the classic “stare into the abyss of the refrigerator” thing looking for what to whip up for dinner, inspiration struck. I grabbed a few ingredients, and this recipe became a tried and true.
While I have used Prego Traditional sauce before in some of my favorite recipes, like my Rustic Skillet Lasagna, I find that the Prego Homestyle Alfredo sauce really accents the tortellini. One of my favorite tortellini flavors is chicken & prosciutto that I found melds perfectly with the Alfredo sauce. Of course, if you love Prego Traditional, by all means, give that a whirl. You know how I am about options and Prego allows you to channel your inner executive chef and play!
I find that refrigerated tortellini and ravioli is great to have on hand. I am not a fan of always breaking out my big pasta pot to boil the tortellini, so I thought if I let the tortellini simmer or bake in the sauce, it was a win/win. Not only was it one less pot to wash, but I found that the flavorful sauce really permeates the pasta. As I am obsessed with smoked mozzarella lately, I used that to top this pasta for a gooey cheesy crust but regular mozzarella would work just as well. As Parmesan cheese tends to be a bit salty, I did not add any extra salt to the recipe. Taste the sauce while you are whisking it up, and if you find that it needs more salt, add a bit. For that crispy, gooey cheesy crust, I added a minute under the broiler at the end to help the cheese caramelize a bit more. This dinner was a showstopper, especially when served with a light salad.
So – when you are thinking “What do I make for dinner tonight” and you want a recipe that your family will love, make this cheesy Easy No-Boil Baked Tortellini and watch it magically disappear!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients and don’t forget the Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce!
Let’s whisk up this glorious cheesy sauce, shall we?
Folding in the tortellini
Topping with even more cheese
Now – doesn’t this look fantastic?
Let me make you a plate!
Aly M. Cleary
This Easy No-Boil Baked Tortellini from CookingInStilettos.com comes together in a flash. Refrigerated tortellini is tossed with a cheesy alfredo sauce and then baked to perfection under layers of smoked mozzarella cheese. This is comfort in every bite!
15 minPrep Time
33 minCook Time
48 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups of i][Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce [/i]
- 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 packages (9-ounces each) of your favorite refrigerated tortellini
- 3/4 cup of shredded smoked mozzarella
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly butter or spray a 3 qt. baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, fresh thyme, parsley, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
- Whisk until the sauce is smooth.
- Add the refrigerated tortellini to the sauce mixture and fold until the cheesy sauce coats all of the tortellini evenly.
- Pour the tortellini and sauce into the prepared baking dish and make sure the top is even.
- Sprinkle the smoked mozzarella cheese over the top as well as the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 7 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.
- If you want an even more caramelized cheesy crust, turn on the broiler and broil for a minute more.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
This is a sponsored post with Prego Sauces. I was compensated for my recipe development. Thank you for supporting the brands that I adore which make Cooking In Stilettos possible.
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates