For a fabulous date night or relax after getting home from a hard day at the 9to9, why not forgo the standard glass of wine and whip up this romantic Sweet Strawberry Rum Punch. I know some will say “my guy will never drink something that is pink” but I promise you this – one sip and your love will be asking you to make it again.
I figured frosty and frothy rum punch would be perfect for date night and, one sip in of this summer cocktail, I knew that it would be an icy rum punch from here on out. Added bonus – everything comes together zippy quick in the blender and with lots of fresh ingredients, what’s not to love, right?
Now – with any rum punch, you can adjust the rum to your taste with adding a bit more or less. For me, I am a rum gal but I tend to be a bit more cautious and have less of a heavy handed pour because it does have a bit of a bite as the rum will sneak up on you.
This Sweet Strawberry Rum Punch is perfect for date night and, for those nights when, perhaps, you have more than just the two of you – you can leave the rum out for the non-alcoholic version – just call it a Sweet Strawberry Punch and none will be the wiser.
On to the recipe:
Let’s gather our ingredients
Look at these fresh berries with a touch of citrus and some fresh pineapple
Ready to whisk until dissolved
Let’s add a bit of Sweet ‘n Low to the mix
Now this is a perfect date night cocktail
Aly M. Cleary
This Sweet Strawberry Rum Punch will have you planning your next getaway with one sip - sweet strawberries and pineapple blended with a touch of rum and citrus.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup of fresh cubed pineapple
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 5 packets of Sweet’N Low® Sweetener
- 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 1/3 cup of silver rum
- 2 cups of ice
- Place the quartered strawberries, pineapple cubes, lemon juice and zest in a blender.
- Add the Sweet’N Low® Sweetener to the pineapple juice and whisk until dissolved then add to the blender.
- Follow the sweetened pineapple juice with the orange juice and rum.
- Blend for a few minutes until it all starts to come together.
- Add the ice and blend until everything is frothy and chilled.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!