Have you started planning your Valentine’s Day menu yet?
I know – I know – we got through the holiday chaos and the kitchen is a disaster zone from the big game weekend but, seriously, don’t even think of dialing for rezzies because we have the best sexy, saucy and spicy bites for your Valentine’s Day. We’re talking a whole week of fabulous recipes from 20 bloggers and, even better, there is a fabulous giveaway just for you!
To kick off this #TripleSBites event, I have a recipe that is worthy of that little iconic blue box. They say that the way to your loved one is through their stomach and these Cherry Chipotle Steak Tips are so good that you might find a little blue box “just because” – not just for Valentine’s Day.
These Cherry Chipotle Steak Tips are a must make – tender steak tips marinated and simmered in a cherry chipotle sauce with mushrooms and shallots and served over Parmesan polenta. Now – tell me who wouldn’t love this dish! I used two delicious products from our event sponsors – the Cherry Chipotle Not Ketchup sauce which is amazing and the Garlic, Italian Herb Blend and dried chilis from Gourmet Garden.
I adore using cherries in both sweet and savory dishes and these steak tips accented with a hint of spicy sweet flavor take this dish over the moon. These steak tips sauteed with the sauce and mushrooms and shallots will set quite the romantic mood!
OK – enough teasing, we know you want this recipe!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients – this Cherry Chipotle Not Ketchup sauce is divine!
Look at the beautiful marbling in this steak
Let’s marinate these steak tips for a while
Don’t crowd the mushrooms!
Served nestled on a bed of Parmesan polenta, these Cherry Chipotle Steak Tips are divine!
Aly M. Cleary
These spicy saucy steak tips are perfect for for Valentine's Day or any romantic dinner for two.
8 hrPrep Time
30 minCook Time
8 hr, 30 Total Time
- 2 pounds of boneless sirloin steak, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 1 cup of Cherry Chipotle Not Ketchup sauce
- 1/2 cup of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of Italian Herb Gourmet Garden paste
- 2 teaspoons of Garlic Gourmet Garden Paste
- 1 pinch of dried chilis or red pepper flakes (I used Gourmet Garden 's new dried chills)
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1 8 ounce package of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Kosher Salt
- Minced flat leaf Italian parsley to garnish
- 3 cups of low sodium beef or chicken stock (I used beef stock)
- 1 cup of quick cooking polenta
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- In a bowl, whisk together the Cherry Chipotle Not Ketchup sauce, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, honey, Italian Herb paste, Garlic paste, dried chilis and pepper until everything is mixed thoroughly.
- In a large plastic zip bag, add the steak tips.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the marinade/sauce and pour the remaining over the steak tips.
- Zip the bag closed and make sure the marinade coats every piece.
- Place the marinating bag in a bowl or on a plate and let the steak tips marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to prepare, remove from the refirgerator and let come to room temperature while you prepare everything else.
- In a large saucepan, add the butter and let melt.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and start to brown the mushrooms. Don't crowd the pan.
- Add the shallots and saute for a few minutes.
- Remove the mushroom shallot mixture to a bowl while you start to cook the steak tips.
- Add the steak tips to the pan and cook over medium high heat until they are the desired temperature (I liked them at medium and that was about 8 - 10 minutes or so).
- Add the mushroom shallot mixture and the reserved sauce to the pan and cook for a couple minutes more.
- Garnish with parsley and serve over the Parmesan polenta.
- Over medium heat, bring the beef or chicken stock to a boil.
- Whisk in the polenta in a slow steady stream until it starts to thicken.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and the butter and continue to whisk until everything is melted, thick and scrumptious.
- Serve with the beef tips and enjoy!
Don’t forget to enter the #TripleSBites giveaway!
Look at what the #TripleSBites Bloggers have cooked up for the kickoff event!
Disclosure: Many thanks to the brands participating in #TripleSBites. While I was not compensated for these recipes for #TripleSBites, including products from Not Ketchup and Gourmet Garden, I did receive some of their products to play in the kitchen with. As you know, I don’t use anything or recommend anything I don’t personally adore.
You May Also Like
Share the love
Get free updates