Coconut Almond Crusted Cod is a delicious tropical twist on a baked cod recipe and is ready in about 30 minutes – perfect for an easy weeknight dinner!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to products I adore and trust in my kitchen. Thank you for supporting Cooking In Stilettos.
My gal Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic decided that a vacation was in order this week so, since she was heading out and about – she was kind enough to allow some bloggers to guest post one of their favorite seafood recipes.
When it comes to seafood recipes, I tend to stick with what I know – like salmon either on the grill mojo de ajo style, broiled with a herb mustard glaze or grilled with a citrus salsa verde. However, other fish, like cod or tilapia tends to frighten me right out of my stilettos. But – when Lunie poses a challenge, I decided to break out of my culinary tried and trues and go with a lighter, more tropical recipe and this Coconut Almond Crusted Cod is to. die. for.
This Coconut Almond Crusted Cod is so easy to whip up and dinner is on the table in about 30 minutes – what’s not to love. A few ingredients straight from the pantry results in an incredible amount of flavor for a delicious and light dinner idea. Serve with some couscous, fluffy rice or a light salad and your family and friends will savor every bite!
If you are looking for a new way to jazz up seafood, head over to Cravings of a Lunatic to check out this Coconut Almond Crusted Cod! When you are looking for a delicious baked cod recipe this Coconut Almond Crusted Cod will be your new go-to.
On to the recipe:
Gather the ingredients
It’s all in the prep – whirl, soak, coat – bake. See – easy peasy
Now – don’t you want this for dinner?
Seriously – SOOOO Good!
Coconut Almond Crusted Cod
Coconut Almond Crusted Cod is a delicious tropical twist on a baked cod recipe. This scrumptious baked cod is ready in about 30 minutes, perfect for an easy weeknight dinner
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Seafood
- 1 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Zest of one lime
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened light coconut milk
- Juice of one small lime
- 4 6-ounce cod fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Lime wedges for serving
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a food processor, whirl together the coconut, almonds, a bit of lime zest, black pepper and cayenne pepper for about 10 – 15 seconds. Pour in a dish and set aside.
- In a baking dish, whisk together the light coconut milk and lime juice. Set aside.
- In a third baking dish (preferably a 9 x 13 pan), spray with the cooking spray.
- Take the cod, dry it a bit with paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- Dip the cod fillets in the coconut milk mixture, making sure that all sides are covered.
- Crust the cod on all sides with the coconut almond mixture and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Continue with the rest of the cod and, when the prepared cod fillets are ready, lightly spray the tops with a bit of baking spray and bake for about 12 – 15 minutes. The topping should be browned and the fish should be opaque and lightly flake with a fork.
Many thanks to Kim for helping me break out of my tried and true recipe patterns. This was quite the recipe eye opener!
My favorite finds for this recipe:
You May Also Like
Share the love
Get free updates