Welcome to Day #4 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
These Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies are beyond divine. Rich, chocolatey and with a touch of richness from the pecans, these cookies are perfect for the holidays! They couldn’t be easier to whip up. There are some cookies that mandate a 2 hour chillfest in the fridge – these aren’t it. I played with a Martha Stewart recipe until I had the perfect consistency – a bit crisp on the bottom and chewy in the middle. The longest was waiting for them to cool because those chocolate chunks pack a melting punch. The other secret – instant espresso in the melted chocolate. It just enhances the chocolate flavor.
Before I start waxing on and on about the chocolatey goodness, let me hush and give you what you really want – the details on how to make a batch (or three) of your very own.
On to the recipe:
Gather the ingredients
Melting the chocolate and butter
Time to mix in more chocolate and some pecans
Let cool for a bit
Best to enjoy with a tall glass of milk
- 1½ cup of all purpose flour
- ½ cup of unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 8 ounces of dark chocolate, divided
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon of instant espresso
- 1⅓ cups of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a glass bowl (or double boiler) set over some simmering water, melt together 4 ounces of chocolate and the butter. Stir in the instant espresso and stir until dissolved.
- Let cool for a moment and then add the chocolate mixture to an electric mixer.
- On medium speed, beat in the sugar until fully combined.
- Add the eggs, one by one followed by the vanilla.
- When everything is mixed completely, add the flour and mix until everything is combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the pecans and the remaining 4 ounces of chocolate which should be chopped into ¼ inch chunks.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the cookie mixture onto cookie sheets - allow some room for spreading. I went with 12 cookie dough balls per large cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 14 - 15 minutes.
- Let cool for another 10 minutes on the cookie sheet and then remove the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Let cool fully and enjoy!
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Mini Sugar Cookie Houses aka Hot Chocolate Mug Perches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Eggnog Cookie Truffles by The Weekend Gourmet
- Spiked Candy Cane Hot Chocolate by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks:
- Gingerbread Texas Sheet Cake with Lemon Frosting by Chocolate Moosey
- Swirl Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Caramel Apples by My Catholic Kitchen
- Homemade Caramels by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Puff Pastry Ravioli Mince Pies by Food Lust People Love
- Mounds Brownie Cupcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hot Chocolate Pull Apart Bread by The Dutch
- Sugared Grape and Phyllo Tart by See Aimee Cook
- Taffy Tan Fudge by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies by Cooking In Stilettos
- Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Bread by Liv Life
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Fudge by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Devil’s Food Cake Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Cinnamon Whiskey Balls by Home Cooking Memories
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Truffles by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Candy Cane Blossoms by Like Mother Like Daughter
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Swissmar. Le Cordon Bleu has been a worldwide leader in gastronomy and hospitality for over 100 years and are widely considered the guardian of French culinary technique. Swissmar now combines this culinary expertise with their own knowledge and brand recognition to introduce this fantastic new line.
The Le Cordon Bleu ceramic ovenware from Swissmar are all freezer safe, oven safe, dishwasher and microwave safe. The French-inspired Charmant Collection 5 qt. Rectangular Roaster has scalloped edges and is beautiful enough to go straight from oven to table! To enter to win a Swissmar Roaster, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one Swissmar Charmant Collection 5 qt. Rectangular Roaster (winner’s choice of color: blue, yellow, red, or white)! This giveaway is open to Continental US residents only . When the contest concludes, the winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will be notified through e-mail and they will have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Swissmar. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
You may also like -
Share the love
Get free updates