These Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies are beyond divine. Rich, chocolatey and with a touch of richness from the pecans, these cookies are perfect for the holidays! They couldn’t be easier to whip up. There are some cookies that mandate a 2 hour chillfest in the fridge – these aren’t it. I played with a Martha Stewart recipe until I had the perfect consistency – a bit crisp on the bottom and chewy in the middle. The longest was waiting for them to cool because those chocolate chunks pack a melting punch. The other secret – instant espresso in the melted chocolate. It just enhances the chocolate flavor. These can be an amazing little gift and with the right box a memorable one too. Check out here for some nice boxes and ideas before you go through the recipe.
Before I start waxing on and on about the chocolatey goodness, let me hush and give you what you really want – the details on how to make a batch (or three) of your very own.
On to the recipe:
Gather the ingredients
Melting the chocolate and butter
Time to mix in more chocolate and some pecans
Let cool for a bit
Best to enjoy with a tall glass of milk
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
These Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies are beyond divine. Rich, chocolatey and with a touch of richness from the pecans, these cookies are perfect for the holidays!
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 8 ounces of dark chocolate, divided
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of instant espresso
- 1 1/3 cups of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a glass bowl (or double boiler) set over some simmering water, melt together 4 ounces of chocolate and the butter. Stir in the instant espresso and stir until dissolved.
- Let cool for a moment and then add the chocolate mixture to an electric mixer.
- On medium speed, beat in the sugar until fully combined.
- Add the eggs, one by one followed by the vanilla.
- When everything is mixed completely, add the flour and mix until everything is combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the pecans and the remaining 4 ounces of chocolate which should be chopped into 1/4 inch chunks.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the cookie mixture onto cookie sheets - allow some room for spreading. I went with 12 cookie dough balls per large cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 14 - 15 minutes.
- Let cool for another 10 minutes on the cookie sheet and then remove the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Let cool fully and enjoy!