Do I have a sweet treat for you today – a rich and luscious tiramisu that is so simple to put together and full of sweet cream flavor. Confession: when I hear “Tiramisu” I always thought it was so laborious to put together that I never attempted it. When I discovered an easy peasy tiramisu recipe from Ms. Martha – well, it didn’t look that difficult so I decided to play around a bit.
International Delight has a host of flavors based on the Cold Stone Creamery ice creams and one of my faves is Sweet Cream. When I had an opportunity to create something with their line of Coldstone Creamery flavors, I knew I had to play with the sweet cream and what better to feature this luscious flavor but in a decadent tiramisu.
Let me tell you – the most effort was brewing the strong coffee and whipping the cream (but the mixer did the heavy whipping on that). I did have an overwhelming urge to dive into the fluffy marscarpone mixture but I was a good gal – I behaved. I decided to take it one step further and layer the top with an additional layer of vanilla whipped cream and topped with cocoa and dark chocolate shavings – well let’s just say it’s quite the dessert.
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
The “Secret” Ingredient – Sweet Cream International Delight
Whipped Marscarpone, Sweet Cream and whipped cream heaven
Layer Layer Layer
Time to take a chill
Don’t you want a bite?
Sweet Cream Tiramisu
- 1 8 ounce container of marscarpone cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of International Delight Sweet Cream flavor creamer
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 33 ounce packages of lady finger cookies
- 11/2 cups of strong coffee
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of International Delight Sweet Cream flavor creamer
- Unsweetened Cocoa and Bittersweet Chocolate for garnishing
- To a mixing bowl, add the marscarpone cheese, sugar and Sweet Cream International Delight Creamer. Whip unti light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- To an 8×8 dish, spread a small bit of the whipped marscarpone mixture in the bottom of the dish.
- In a bowl, pour the strong coffee and quickly dip the ladyfinger in the coffee and then layer in the dish. Repeat until the bottom of the dish is covered.
- Spread a thin layer of the marscarpone topping over the ladyfinger layer.
- Follow with another layer of coffee dipped ladyfingers and another layer of whipped marscarpone and a final layer of marscarpone topping.
- Whip the remaining heavy cream with the powdered sugar, vanilla and International Delight Sweet Cream creamer.
- Spread the whipped cream over the marscarpone layer.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of unsweetened cocoa (about 1/2 teaspoon – 1 teaspoon) and some grated bittersweet chocolate and enjoy!