When I hear the phrase, “Fruit Salad”, for some reason I tend to flash back to my 1st grade food memory of that canned fruit salad that we often got at lunch at St. Helwigs. Fruit salad rated right up there with pancakes and y’all know it took me ages to get over that issue. However, this Berry Mint Fruit Salad recipe is an absolute favorite of mine which I have been making for a long time. It’s based off of one of Ingrid Hoffmann’s recipes and I tend to make it when the berries look really good because, after all, you eat with your eyes, right? The one flavor in this salad that seals the deal – the fresh mint. When you add that mint to the mix, the flavors pop. A drizzle of sweetness from the vanilla and maple syrup and you have a salad that will be one of the stars of your brunch table.
As we start to wrap up #BrunchWeek, I am thrilled that I can share one of my faves with you – I hope it becomes one of your favorite brunch dishes too!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
I adore this OXO Batter Bowl – made it so simple to measure the chopped strawberries
Love these prepackaged chopped pears – easy for snacking (or adding to this fruit salad)
Adding a touch of sweetness with a drizzle of maple syrup
Ahhhh – a bowl of this dolloped with a touch of yogurt – perfect for brunch or a late night snack
Adapted from Ingrid Hoffmann
This Berry Mint Fruit Salad is so refreshing - fresh berries and fruit tossed with a light dressing - perfect for your next brunch!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 cup of strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 1 pear, diced
- Zest of one orange and juice of half an orange
- 1/4 cup of chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 small banana
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and pear.
- Add the zest of one lemon and the orange juice.
- Follow with the mint.
- Drizzle in the vanilla and maple syrup and lightly toss everything to combine.
- Right before serving, slice the bananas and lightly mix them into the salad.
- Garnish with some small orange slices and serve immediately!