Welcome to Day Four of Christmas Week. This event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We hope to inspire you to break out those holiday sprinkles and get your bake on!
Recently, I was in one of my favorite stores and saw the prices for that chocolate bark that they have in the fancy tin. Well – after what I learned with my Hawaiian Crunch White Chocolate Bark, I decided that I’d make my own chocolate bark to give this year (and a little bit extra for under the tree, of course). One of my favorite childhood ice cream flavors as a child was Rocky Road and after picking up some marshmallows at my local WholePaychex, I decided there was no time like the present.
Seriously – you could make some fabulous candy treats with only pantry ingredients. This Rocky Road Chocolate Bark has dark chocolate surrounding gooey marshmallows, toasty almonds and pecans and drizzled with a touch of white chocolate. I finished it with my favorite vanilla salt but you can use a bit of flaky sea salt for that divine sweet and salty bite.
So – need a last minute gift idea – make this Rocky Road Chocolate Bark. Your friends and family will adore it!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Is there anything better than melted chocolate?
What about with a bit of marshmallow action – is that better?
Oh – let’s not forget the nuts – now THAT is better
Let’s just add a bit of flair to this with some drizzled white chocolate.
Now this is a gift to give AND receive.
Aly M. Cleary
This Rocky Road Chocolate Bark is so easy to make and 10x better than anything you can buy in a store. This is a fabulous gift to give and to receive.
20 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 12 ounces of dark chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups of mini-marshmallows
- 3/4 cups of pecans, chopped and toasted
- 3/4 cups of slivered almonds, chopped and toasted
- 2 ounces of white chocolate, melted
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon of flaky sea salt to garnish (optional) (I used Vanilla Salt)
- In a glass bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt the dark chocolate.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- When the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and stir for a few minutes so everything is melted and glossy.
- Fold in the marshmallows, pecans and almonds so that everything is coated.
- Spread onto the parchment paper or silpat so that it's an even layer of chocolate, marshmallow and nuts.
- Using a fork, draw a zig zag pattern over the chocolate with the white chocolate.
- Garnish with a bit of flaky sea salt and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Break into shards, package into tins and sneak a nibble or two.
- See - easy peasy!
Thanks to our sponsors for Christmas Week. Anolon is donating a 5-piece Bakeware Set. Swing by their Facebook Page to show them some love. We also have Ball supplying us with 4 sets of Jars in their gorgeous Green Heritage Color. Swing by their Ball Canning and Recipes Facebook Page to say hello.
Swing by all the participants to see what they’ve been whipping up for the holidays:
Coconut Filled Sandwich Cookies by Cravings of a Lunatic
Ridiculously Delicious Vanilla Cookies by Cookistry
Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Toffee Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies by Farm Fresh Feasts
Cranberry Ginger Margaritas by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Rocky Road Chocolate Bark by Cooking In Stilettos
Apple Streusel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Rum Blondies with Cinnamon Chips by From Gate to Plate
Giveaway Prizes include:
One 5 piece set of Anolon Bakeware Set
Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Quart Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Pint Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
One Set of 1 Dozen Assorted Cookie Sampler Box from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop
Two Sets of Brownie Brittle Snack Sampler (each set includes One 5-ounce bag of each flavour)
Plus 1 Copy of each of these cookbooks:
- One Autographed Copy of Make Ahead Bread by Donna Currie
- One Copy of The Mixer Bible by Meredith Deeds
- One Copy of 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pop Recipes by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss
- One Copy of 175 Best Mini Pie Recipes by Julie-Anne Hession
- One Copy of The 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares by Ester Brody
- One Copy of Oatrageous Oatmeals by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of Adventures in Comfort Food by Kerry Alteiro
- One Copy of Food Truck Road Trip by Kim Pham
- One Copy of Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking by Cara Reed
- One Copy of 100 Juices, Smoothies and Healthy Snacks by Emily von Euw
- One Copy of CopyKat coms Dining Out at Home Cookbook Recipes by Stephanie Manley
- One Copy of Copykat.com’s Dining Out At Home Cookbook 2 by Stephanie Manley
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates