On to the recipe:
Gather the ingredients
Adding a bit of espresso goodness to the chocolate
A tale of two sugars
I don’t think this is enough marshmallows
Now this looks like Rocky Road overload
Nice and toasty
Rocky Road Brownies for #TheLeftoversClub
- 1 1/2 cups of bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of instant espresso
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (depending on how chocolately you want it)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans (or your favorite nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the butter. Stir occasionally until just melted.
- When the chocolate is melted, add the espresso powder and vanilla. Stir to combine and remove from the heat.
- Whisk in both the brown and granulated sugar. Follow with the salt and then the eggs.
- When everything is combined, slowly add the cocoa powder and the flour until it is just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 25 – 30 minutes. Test using a toothpick and there should still be moist crumbs attached.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over a layer of marshmallows, followed by chocolate chips and then the chopped pecans. If you want to add an additional sprinkle of marshmallows – who am I to judge.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or so so that the marshmallows begin to puff and the chocolate is a bit shiny.
- For a bit of a s'mores like flavor, turn on the broiler and broil for a minute or so until the marshmallow gets all toasty.
- Remove from the oven and then let the brownies cool completely.
- Cut into squares, grab a corner piece for yourself and enjoy!