- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 small lemons, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 package of Wild Greens and Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of fresh blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, juice, olive oil, mustard, thyme, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add the chicken breasts to a large plastic ziplock bag and add the lemon marinade. Close and place on a plate.
- Make sure the marinade has covered all of the chicken and let marinate the in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Remove, let come to room temperature (about 5 minutes).
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan with some olive oil or baking spray.
- Lightly spray a piece of parchment paper with baking spray.
- Place the chicken breasts in the baking pan and cover with the parchment paper so the side with the baking spray faces the chicken.
- Cover the mixture with aluminum foil and bake for 30 - 40 minutes, until the chicken is done.
- Let rest while you prepare the salad.
- Assemble the Wild Greens and Quinoa Salad (in a bowl, toss together the greens, crispy quinoa, feta cheese and sliced almonds).
- Add the cherry tomatoes and blackberries and toss everything with the avocado & herb dressing.
- Serve with the baked lemon chicken, sliced into cubes and tossed with the salad or you can serve the baked lemon chicken on the side.
Eat Smart is giving away a fabulous prize – one lucky winner will get 5 coupons for full price Eat Smart Gourmet Salad and Stir Fry Kits (retail value is over $25). So – in the comments below – tell me what would be the Eat Smart salad kit you would love to try! Enter before January 27, 2015 and I will pick a winner via random.org. The winner has 24 hours to respond or another winner will be picked. U.S. residents only.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.