Rich dark chocolate is accented with a hint of cinnamon and spice for a luscious chic dessert
Welcome to Day 6 of Christmas Week. This annual event was started in 2012, and is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter!
This year’s #ChristmasWeek is coming to a close and I have saved one of my favorite flavor combos for last – a rich and creamy Mexican Chocolate Panna Cotta.
Before we jump into the recipe – you have entered the huge giveaway right? I mean we’re talking Oprah-esque giveaway “You get a giftcard and YOU get a giftcard and YOU” We made this giveway for you as our holiday gift to you to thank you for being with us on this crazy foodie ride.
There is something about the combination of chocolate and spice that is enchanting. Perhaps it’s the heat that lingers just after you take that first sweet bite. If you serve this during the holidays, I promise that your family and friends will ask you for seconds.
Panna Cotta is essentially cooked cream and this is one of those showstopper desserts that comes together quickly and the fridge does most of the work. It’s all about the chill. I loved this chocolate panna cotta recipe and decided to give it a south of a border spin.
When you are looking for a dessert that will make everyone ooohhh and ahhhhh – this Mexican Chocolate Panna Cotta is it!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Blooming the gelatin in a bit of cream
Adding a bit of spice
Time to chill
Let me get you a spoon
Aly M. Cleary
This Mexican Chocolate Panna Cotta is a showstopper dessert. Bittersweet chocolate melds with cream, sugar and spice for a sophisticated sweet treat.
3 hr, 15 Prep Time
15 minCook Time
3 hr, 30 Total Time
- Let me get you a spoon
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of gelatin
- 1/4 cup of mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 3 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Shaved or grated bittersweet chocolate for garnishing
- Lightly spray 4 ramekins with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Pour 1/4 cup of heavy cream into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Let bloom for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Place the bowl into a larger bowl filled halfway with hot water and stir until the gelatin has dissolved and the cream has thickened. Set aside.
- To a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the remaining cream, mascarpone, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt to a slight boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the chocolate until everything is melted and smooth.
- Add the heavy cream and gelatin mixture and stir until everything is well mixed.
- Divide the mixture evenly among ramekins or dessert dishes and let come to room temperature.
- Chill for at least 3 hours.
- To serve, grate a little bittersweet chocolate over the top and enjoy!
Participants for Christmas Week:
- Cravings of a Lunatic
- Desserts Required
- Poet in the Pantry
- The Redhead Baker
- Pineapple and Coconut
- All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cooking on the Front Burner
- The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Crumb: A Food Blog
- The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Amee’s Savory Dish
- Comfortably Domestic
- Food Done Light
- Farm Fresh Feasts
- Flour On My Face
- Mother Would Know
- Food Lust People Love
- My Catholic Kitchen
- Daily Appetite
- Try Anything Once Culinary
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Savory Experiments
- Cooking In Stilettos
- Food Babbles
- Mind Over Batter
- Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Big Bear’s Wife
- Everyday Southwest
- From Gate to Plate
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Savoring Italy
- Dixie Chik Cooks
- The Tomato Tart
- Aloha Flavor
- CopyKat Recipes
Recipes from Day 6 of Christmas Week! Please visit all our talented participants:
- Red Velvet Swirl Fudge from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Christmas Wreath Cupcakes from The Redhead Baker
- Fresh Cranberry Mini Scones from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Chocolate Praline Pretzels from Food Lust People Love
- Cranberry Tangerine Mojito from Mind Over Batter
- Creamy Espresso Hot Chocolate from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars from From Gate to Plate
- Stained Glass Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Macadamia Coconut Macaroons from Aloha Flavor
- Peppermint Popcorn from Poet in the Pantry
- Mexican Chocolate Panna Cotta from Cooking in Stilettos
- Peppermint Mocha Truffles from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Chocolate Mocha Roulade from Mother Would Know
Have you entered to win yet? What are you waiting for?
Note: Christmas Week Amazon Gift Card Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada. Giveaway will run from December 7, 2015 to December 26, 2015. Winners must be 18 years of age. Winners will be notified by email. Winners will be asked a skill testing question.
You may also like -
Share the love
Get free updates