The ketogenic or simply the keto diet is one that is not like any other. It combines calorie restriction with the unique benefits of nutritional ketosis in order to provide people with an effective way to lose weight and improve their overall health. Does calory intake matter when on a keto diet? What exactly should you eat? Why does this diet work well for some people?
– Depending on what person you ask, you will probably get different answers each time. It doesn’t really matter how much you restrict your carbs, the key to burning off your own fat is being in a calorie deficit. The best ways to create a diet like this is by following two simple rules, by eating mostly protein-dense and fiber-rich food or by eliminating all calorically-dense processed foods from your diet because of how easy it is to binge on them.
– Here are 5 Keto dieters cooking tips if you are considering a keto diet:
1. Only consume Keto foods and ingredients – in other words, foods, and ingredients that are low in carbs. What is exactly meant by „low in carbs“, is that it will depend on your daily carb limit. To have small amounts of carbs, you will need to be specific about what you eat.
– Here is a list of what you should eat on the keto diet: meats – fish, beef, lamb, poultry, etc.; low carb vegetables – spinach, kale, broccoli, etc.; high-fat dairy – cheese, high fat cream, butter, etc.; nuts and seeds; avocado and berries.
– You should most definitely try to avoid: tubers – potatoes, yams, etc.; some fruit – bananas, apples, etc.; grains – wheat, corn, rice, etc.
2. Stop drinking soda and using sugar substitutes – just because a diet soda has zero calories, it does not mean that it fits into the diet plan. When you load your body with zero-calorie sweeteners, you are only going to increase your cravings for sweets and drinks in the future. Instead of diet soda, sparkling water can be a great substitute.
3. Batch cooking meals – batch cooking tasty meals will help you stay on track with this diet throughout the week. Batch cooking will set you up for a whole week of keto meals, so if you sometimes do not have the time to cook something tasty from you keto meal plan, you will always have something already prepared. This will prevent you from slipping up and will help you save time during the week.
4. Drink plenty of water – when starting out on the keto diet, it is important to stay hydrated at all times. Keep in mind that being hydrated is important whether you are on a keto diet or not. When carbohydrates are not present in your body, your body will use and need more water. Try to drink half of your body weight in ounces of water at the minimum. If you workout or a summer day makes you sweat, make sure that you drink more on those days.
5. Always have convenient snacks – when trying to stick to the keto diet, time is a huge factor. Many people are often discouraged to try this diet because it requires cooking a lot of homemade meals and snacks. Preparing as many keto-friendly snacks as you can, will help you in not turning to carb-heavy snacks when you are short on time. In the case of having a snack craving, you can bring beef jerky, pre-made guacamole, or pre-cooked bacon, wherever you go.
If you are just stating the ketogenic diet, these tips might help you get to adjust to it, as well as help you stick to your diet plan. After all, it is not your fault that the urges for carbon hydrates are strong. As long as you stay clear from carbohydrates, and incorporate some tips from this article, you will be well on your way towards a healthy lifestyle.