Gather The Ingredients
Sauté Sauté Sauté
The End Result…
Guinness Braised Short Ribs – Comfort Food At Its Finest
- 4 lbs boneless short ribs, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, cut into half inch inch pieces
- 1 can Guinness*
- 2 cups low sodium beef stock, divided
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in Dutch oven.
- Sear short ribs until nice and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side and set aside.
- Sauté onions and garlic until lightly browned and scrape any brown bits from bottom of pan using a wooden spoon.
- Add carrots and celery and let cook for further 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of beef stock and scrape bottom of pan to remove any more browned bits.
- Add the meat back to the vegetable mixture, add the remaining stock and Guinness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring stew to a simmer for 20 minutes, cover and place in oven and braise for 2 hours.