Have you ever made croquettes? What is your favorite way to use up holiday leftovers.
Gather up those leftovers
Breading up the croquettes
Fry Baby Fry
Pure Comfort Food – Ham Croquettes
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped ham
- 3 cups of mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus extra for seasoning the breading
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper, plus extra for seasoning the breading
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- In a large Dutch oven, add 2 cups of vegetable oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Set up your breading station. In one large bowl, beat up one egg and season slightly with salt and pepper. In a large plate or bowl, add your Panko bread crumbs. Set both aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, ham, 1 egg, slightly beaten, parsley, Aleppo pepper, salt and freshly cracked black pepper and combine.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the mixture and shape each ball into small round croquettes.
- Dip each croquette into the egg mixture and then roll in the Panko mixture. Set aside.
- Fry each croquette in the heated oil until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain on a rack or paper towels.
- Serve while hot.