I made a meal with Campbell’s® Sauces as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #CampbellsSauces
With the holiday season here and my calendar packed to the brim, sometimes it really is tempting to dial in dinner, especially when I often find myself coming home later than planned. I keep a few ready made helpers in the pantry for those nights when I don’t want the Junior SousPug to think that the takeout guy is slowly becoming a part of the family. One of my new favorite discoveries are these ready-made sauces from Campbell’s®. I love that with a few fresh ingredients, I can have a delicious and easy dinner on the table in no time.
I think so many people have had a cheeseburger-esque macaroni dish growing up. When I saw this Campbell’s Skillet Sauce for Bacon Cheddar Beef Pasta, I immediately remembered that childhood favorite and, after a very stressful week from Hades, I wanted a bit of cheesy comfort. However, to add my own stiletto spin on it, I figured I’d improvise a bit. I used my favorite cavatappi pasta, some sautéed shallot, a pinch of red pepper flakes and a bit more cheese and this Bacon Cheddar Beef Pasta was a dinnertime hit! Between the smokiness from the bacon, the creaminess from the cheese and a bit of heat from the red pepper flakes, the flavors were on point. Added bonus – you can use either beef or turkey – Campbell’s gives you room to improvise.
So – when you have a day that needs a bit of quick comfort, why not give these Skillet Sauces a spin.
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
OK – this looks quick and simple – A few ingredients and dinner is on the table in about 20 minutes
Don’t underestimate the flavor power of this little shallot
Let’s brown the beef and get a bit of caramelization on shall we?
Adding the cheesy bacon sauce
Along with a bit more cheddar
Now – resist the urge to curl up on the couch with this whole bowl
Shall I make you a plate?
Quick Cheesy Bacon Comfort
Aly M. Cleary
This easy to whip up dinner takes about 20 minutes and with a few fresh ingredients, your family will adore this quick comforting meal.
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup of dried cavatappi pasta
- 1 pound of lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 package of Campbell's Bacon Cheddar Beef Skillet Sauce
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (check for seasoning - you can always add more)
- 1 green onion, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water, add the pasta and boil for about 7 minutes or so until al dente. Drain, reserving about a cup or so of the pasta water, and set aside.
- In a large skillet or braiser, brown the ground beef. Remove the browned ground beef to a paper lined plate and drain the fat, reserving a teaspoon or so to sauté the shallot.
- Add the minced shallot to the pan and saute for a few minutes until translucent. Deglaze with a small amount of pasta water, making sure to scrape up any fond left behind from the ground beef.
- Return the ground beef to the pan, add the red pepper flakes, and drained pasta and stir to combine.
- Add the Campbell's Bacon Cheddar Beef Skillet Sauce to the pasta and stir so that the cheesy bacon sauce coats all of the pasta and meat. If it's a bit thick, thin it out with some of the reserved pasta water.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese, pepper and salt and stir to combine. Check for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Bring to a bubble and, when everything is melty, remove from the heat and serve with a bit of the thinly sliced green onion on top.
Want to find out more about Campbell’s Skillet Sauces? Visit them on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter.