- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup of Kraft Barbecue Sauce (I used the Hickory Smoke Flavor)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, outer leaves removed and the root trimmed
- 2 large red peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
- 3 ears of fresh corn (I had 4 in the pack so I used all 4) (or 2 cups of frozen thawed fire roasted or sweet corn)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced into thick rounds
- 1 English Cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 cup of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups of baby arugula, freshly washed and dried
- 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup of Kraft Barbecue Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 – 3 teaspoons of honey
- Zest and juice of half a lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Preheat your grill to medium high (or if using a grill pan indoors, preheat over medium high heat).
- Brush the grill with a bit of oil so the chicken and veggies don't stick.
- Season the chicken with a bit of salt and pepper to season and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Place the chicken on the grill and grill on one side for a few minutes.
- While the chicken sizzles, drizzle the corn, pepper slices, red onion and romaine with a bit of olive oil.
- Flip the chicken and place the corn, peppers and onion slices on the grill.
- Char the corn on all sides and let the onions and peppers get some nice grill marks.
- Remove the veggies to a plate and let's get that romaine lettuce on the grill.
- Add the romaine lettuce to the grill, root side down and char for a couple minutes. Remove to the plate holding the veggies.
- Brush the chicken with the barbecue sauce and place the grill cover down, cooking for a few minutes until the sauce gets nicely caramelized.
- Remove to a plate and cover with some foil for a few minutes while you get to chopping your grilled veggies.
- In a large bowl, add the arugula
- Chop up the grilled romaine lettuce into bite size pieces and add to the arugula mixture.
- Slice the corn kernels off the cob and add the charred corn kernels to the bowl.
- Dice the onions and peppers and add them to the bowl.
- Finally, add the diced cucumber, beans, halved cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese and toss.
- Remove the chicken from the plate and dice into bite size pieces (or slice for pretty presentation) and layer over the salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, cumin, smoked paprika, honey, lime juice and zest and olive oil until everything comes together. Taste and add the salt and pepper (if needed). Whisk again.
- Drizzle over the salad and enjoy!
For some delicious recipe inspiration, Kraft has you covered! You can check out some of their favorite barbecue recipes here and if you are ready to brave the chill and join the Evergriller brigade and enter to win a Grill ‘n Flip Mitt of your very own and a year’s supply of Kraft Barbecue sauce, enter to win here!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and provided product samples by Kraft Foods, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
You May Also Like