These Honey Glazed Carrots will be a family favorite for dinner – even the little ones will adore this side dish and ask for seconds!
This recipe originally appeared on Cooking In Stilettos in April of 2012. The recipe has been updated with new photos and any recipe changes that I have incorporated over the years. This post may contain affiliate links to products I trust and adore in my kitchen. Thank you for supporting Cooking In Stilettos.
Growing up, if you had told me that I would become a fan of carrots and channel my inner Bugs Bunny, I probably would have laughed and told you that you were beyond crazy. Carrots and I are definitely not mixy things – or so I thought until an Easter holiday.
When looking for quick and easy sides to go with my Bourbon Cider Glazed Ham, I thought “Sunny Anderson always has the best sides!” Sure enough, it was Sunny to the rescue with her Honey Glazed Carrots.
This recipe is so simple and comes together quickly but the real kicker is the lemon. That burst of citrus cuts through the sweetness of the honey and adds the perfect tang to this dish. When you are looking for a way to get the little ones to eat their carrots, try these scrumptious Honey Glazed Carrots and be amazed when they ask for seconds.
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Adding the carrots to a boiling cauldron
Adding a kiss of honey
Now – don’t these look like the perfect side?
Honey Glazed Carrots
These Honey Glazed Carrots will be a favorite side dish – so easy to make and comes together in about 15 minutes or so. Honey and citrus glaze baby carrots for the perfect dinner side!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 pound of baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium heat. Add the salt.
- Add the baby carrots to the boiling water and cook until tender – about 5 – 6 minutes.
- Drain the carrots and return them to the saucepan.
- Add the honey, butter and lemon juice and cook until the butter has melded with the honey and lemon juice, forming a glaze – about 5 minutes. This glaze will coat the carrots.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with the fresh chopped flat leaf parsley.
My favorite finds for this recipe:
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates